I'm active and will be posting some of my favorite workouts and meals. I'm a vegetarian and try to eat mostly whole foods so it's lots of fruits and veggies :)!
5'5"/18 years old
Date started blog: 4/20/11
Ask me anything! I'm obsessed with nutrition and I've been working on maintaining a healthy diet for a long time so I'd be happy to answer any questions! Plus I LOVE hearing anything at all from my followers! If you follow me I'll always check your blog out ;)
I usually do promo for promo.
30 Day Shred (May 3-June 1):
Level Two: 5/13
Level Three: 5/23 5/24 5/25 5/26 5/27 5/28 5/29 5/30 5/31 6/1
*I don't own any of these pictures unless it's stated!*
Check out these awesome girls:
Remember: You are not alone.
Leave me things and feel free to tell me anything you need to say. I'll always listen.
Here are some of my most important rules for getting skinny and healthy. They have helped me SO much and are continuing to help. They work fast and make you feel so much better about yourself!
I’m a vegetarian and I try as hard as I can to eat all natural foods and a balanced diet. I base my diet largely on Michael Pollan’s food rules, and some general ideas for being healthy that have REALLY helped! Examples:
1. Not eating after 8:00PM and/or within two hours of going to bed
2. Get between 6-8 hours of sleep per night
3. Stay active whenever possible — like taking the long way to class, taking the stairs, doing situps while watching tv, standing up at the computer, whatever you can do!
4. Try not to eat foods with more than seven ingredients and/or ingredients you can’t pronounce
5. Try not to eat too many packaged/processed foods in general!
6. Drink as much water as possible and LOTS of green tea. I sweeten it with honey!
7. Allow yourself minor indulgences when you am REALLY craving something. This cuts back on your desire to binge!
8. Try to eat out of your fridge rather than in the dining hall — this saves money and helps you to know exactly what you’re preparing! Same goes for those who live at home — eat from the kitchen rather than eating out!
9. Eat as many different colored vegetables and fruits as you can in a day :)
10. Carbs in the morning, fats at night, protein all day!
11. Protein and carbs together! i.e. yogurt and cheese, peanut butter and bread, etc. PERFECT for after a workout!
12. Cut back on food intake, but DON’T starve. Just eliminate unnecessary snacking and eat slower meals, this will help you notice when you are full. Practice mindful eating! You will also be able to limit intake if you eat healthier foods, as they keep you full longer.
13. Between 1200-1400 calories per day (Note: This is for ME personally, and this is for a state in which I’m trying to lose weight. For maintaining a certain weight I would need more calories. Everyone’s body is different and just because this is what works for me does not mean it will work for you! Listen to your body and remember — HEALTHY calories. They stay with you longer!)
14. 30-90 minutes of cardio per day!
15. Either 30 minutes of yoga or 30 minutes of pilates per day (I usually switch off or sometimes do both in a day if I have time/am feeling ambitious)
16. Avoid things that are unnaturally colored — meaning they have coloring in them or are some color that is NOT found in nature!
17. Learn to love fruits and veggies! Once you can be happy snacking on a carrot or apple, you are on the fast track to a super healthy diet :)
18. Think of changing your diet not in terms of denying yourself, but as choosing healthy foods for your body. You LITERALLY are what you eat, so choose good things! It will pay off. You’ll be happier, healthier, and look great (hint: no cellulite)!
19. Eat enough. If you starve yourself, yes you will lose weight and you’ll do it fast. BUT it will always come back, and you’ll have to work again to get it off. Plus, you’ll wreck your metabolism and digestion. It’s much better to work hard and lose weight the healthy way — that way, you can be happier AND keep the weight off. Don’t starve! If you’re hungry, eat. Just make sure you eat something like a banana instead of a cheeseburger!
20. Banish negative thoughts. Self-loathing will get you nowhere healthy. This is a journey that you are taking with your body. What’s done is done and you can’t waste time regretting the past. Always think in forward motion. If you make a mistake, just plan to do better the next day. Love yourself now, and you will love yourself even more when you work so hard and reach your goal.
I know those rules seem pretty common sense, but they have helped me SO much and I’m quickly becoming a happier, healthier, THINNER person!